Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A CHILDHOOD FAVORITE REVISITED


nostalgia is bittersweet. you can't go back, but you long for those carefree days. for me, cereal is a way to eat breakfast like a kid, and therefore start your day acting like a kid...which is normally how i continue through the whole day. my favorite cereal as a kid was rice krispies treats cereal. the big hunks of marshmellowy goodness, tasted just like the dessert my mom used to make, without her slaving over a hot microwave for 15 minutes. i recently attended a 'cereal party' at a friends house and got re-aquanted with my old friend, and after 3-4 bowls of kripie treats cereal, and popping in aladdin on the tv...i felt like i was 7 all over again. i still love this cereal. it has such a great flavor, it really tastes just like the baked good. doesnt get to soggy in milk, and you get big and small pieces. the fusion of the rice kripies, with the marshmellows in a beutiful ballet, results in the hunks of krispie treats that tantalize my taste buds. i will always love this cereal no matter how old i get.

i can't be a kid anymore, but a bowl of rice krispy treats cereal in the morning is a good way to feed my inner child.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Don't grow up. Being an adult is overrated.

(I'm not trying to be an Internet stalker, I promise. I was procrastinating writing a paper and saw your blog on Erin's)